Survive the wild navigation
Survive the Wild
Hello everyone and welcome to... Survive the Wild! It's time to join an awesome online experience!
What is survive the wild?
Survive the Wild is a game, whare your goal is litterily survival! If your a nature fan then this game is for you! You have to do anything from body satisfaction such as eating, drinking etc, to making your own items to help the game along, to hunting animals for your belly, and for there fur, to voiaging out far into the sea to see if there's any such thing as even kind of modern sivilisation near you, and much, much much more!
Some of the main features
- This game is very configurable, with many options that can be changed if you don't like something!
- This game also has a great online comunity, so if you connect, you always have many people to ask questions about things!
- Roleplay is not forced in this game, but if you decide to do it, you can start some quite awesome adventures!
- This game has many things you can do, with more being added all the time! If you want to be nothing but a hunter, killing pray and storing it as trofies, you can! If you want to be very social in the game and meat many new people, do that! If you'd like to be a traveler, going far out to sea or traveling the land to see what you can find, then goe right ahead! And much much more! It all depends on creativity!
- In this game you are supposed to be creative! You can decide on every action your character takes, and if your creative, you can do many many things, and well? It's just really fun!
- If you decide to release your rath on another player, you can start up a player killing fight, and se if you can kill your aponent and get all of there stuff!
- This game also has a very great and helpful admin comunity. If theres something that you need help with, more then likely ther'll be an admin online to help you as much as possible!
- This game has something that most accessible online games don't have, the ability to voice chat! Just hold in the V key, speak, then release the button and anyone around you will hear your message!
- While most of the game and almost everything in the game is completely free, it is possible to purchase small upgrades for your character like teleporters, death free cards, stat boosts, all for a quite reasonable price!
- In this game, you can craft many items that can help the game progress, usually found with the resources around you.
- While the game was created spisificly for blind/VI players, there is a visual mode that shows the text on the screen, atempting to at least make the game at least sort of accessable to sighted people.
- While the game is called survive the wild, were trying to make sure that it's still a game, and not a sim that no one will play because of how realistic it is.
- The game is quite freaquantly updated to that what's in the game already never really has the opertunity to get borring!
- And much much more!
Survive the wild is mostly free, for the most part. It's completely free, just so long as your willing to, well, survive the wild more realisticly. The only thing that isn't free is upgrades such as teleporters, death free cards, health_boosts, etc. And if you want more from the game such as the ability to have an unlimited inventory of items, a character that will never ever get purged, and possibly other future abilities, you can purchase a full stw account for $15.95. The game is easy to download and install, then you just have to create an account and start playing! If you would like to purchase upgrades or an account, you are able to do that from the survive the wild store. Note that upgrades are not necesary, it's completely your choice. I mean, it can be nice to not die when you should, after all... And upgrades are pretty cheep. You can get 5 teleporters for $1.49 USD, for example. And again it's your choice weather you want to pay for anything at all. It can be nice, but you really don't lose much from the games experience by not paying for upgrades.
Here, i'd like to list some of the people who have really helped this project prosper and helped make the game as good as it is today.
- First, I want to give a huge thank you to Damien Pendleton for formerly hosting the survive the wild server, and for always being there when I have technacle questions. Also, a thanks goes to damien for giving me a very useful recording library for allowing voice chat, teaching me about regular expressions so that crashing eloquence becomes very very hard to do, and for generally giving me a lot of knowledge that I didn't have before, which allows the game to get better and better! With out damien, this game would be a lot farther behind than it is now, Dood, I've really learned a lot from you, thank you!
- Also, thanks goes out to Andre Louis for providing some of the great music played threw out the game!
- Also thank you Eric Matyas at soundimage.org for the great music! To see a list of his music that is being used in the game, click here.
- I'd also like to thank NS Studios for hosting the survive the wild server before damien pendleton became available.
- Also i'd like to extend a thanks to Justin Thornton for some of his great sound designing help, It's really not easy making hundreds of sounds, so having some of that work taken off my back is a great help!
- And of course, my admin team!
With out the admins, this game would have been a scrapped heap quite early on in it's development, but because of all these awesome people and now great friends in my book, I got the support and help I needed to keep this project going! Thank you all very much admins! Your all great!
- Akilor (Roland engelsma): Even sence before you were an admin, you have tried to help the game out anyway you possibly could, even writing the plot for the new and improved survive the wild story. And sometimes we even have to stop you from catching to many cheaters! :D.
- BillBooser (Blake): First i'd like to thank you for your admin dooties, and also about the fact that you are trying to create maps for the game, again taking some hard laber off my back! Thanks man
- dementor (Mark): I know that a lot of players on survive the wild like you as an admin, and very much so do I. Thank you for your hard work!
- JimmyDub: balls! Thanks for helping catch the bad guys, for finding bugs, and being able to put a smile on everyone's face!
- MayanaStorm: Everyone wanted you as an admin, so now you got to be one, and never wavered once! You help people when ever they need there help, tell me when I make a mistake, and your always there! Thanks a lot!
- Naday (Dyana): Like Mayana, you started as a player, and now your a well deserved admin! You do great, and your always there when i'm under my blankets trying not to snore as loud as I can. :D Anyway, Thanks a lot for being there, and also for your exelent ability to detect in game bugs! You've stopped more than a fiew cheaters.
- Pyro709: While I havn't sceme as much from you admin wize, I have scene you create a cool map or 2 in the game and that number is growing! Cool!
- smoke-j: I don't even know ware to begin with you, because you have done so much for the game. You have not only been a great person to talk and laugh with and a great admin, but you introduced map building in a completely new and awesome way! Your pretty cool!
- Walter-van-wyk (Walter Van Wyk): You know as well as I do, everyone loves you as an admin. You are always there when ever you can do, and you never let a mistake on my part, a game bug, or a players crappy action go passed me! Thanks a lot!
- And of course, I must thank all the players that played and still play my game, forgive me if I make a mistake, and give me modivation enough that i've never once thought of having to discontinue this game! What would on online game be with out it's players? Thank you all! And maybe you, the reader of this page, can become a player as well, if you wish to give this game a try!